Monday, July 25, 2011

On the train...


Quiet time, away from it all (well, as far as one can be -- with technology), I finished this cutie for Amanda W.. I love Amtrak and took advantage of the 2.5 hr ride to finish up a gift piece. I took last week off (almost...) to read "Cathedral of the Sea" and knit. Spent some quality time with a dear friend.

Caught up on movies... All About Eve (what a ruthless story) - loved Bette Davis, she was really beautiful. The Hangover - far better than I expected. Tried watching The Red Shoes, but couldn't finish. Snatch was great fun as well as The Fifth Element, but my dear friend thought it was not so hot... viewed thru her eyes, I guess she's right. It has become a cult viewing in our house, as my husband LOVES TFE. I thoroughly enjoyed Emma with Gwyneth Paltrow. You could call my week off the "Austen Week"... for I watched as well Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley on the train headed to AC. Watched more movies this week than I have all year.

Starting the next baby project--a blanket, for a baby boy due in October... stay tuned for photos. Happy Knitting.

No comments: