Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Things wear out... and this is my re-placemat

I love my placemats. I have had them for as long as I can remember. I think I bought them in the 1990s from a small shop in Roscoe, NY. I remember vividly the day... a bright, sunny summer day. It was a roadtrip that probably included a visit to dear (now departed) friends Mark and Wanda. I have used them at least once a week for all these years, and sadly they are looking a little tired. (As am I).

With my new-to-me 14" Structo I warped with colors as close as I could get. Who knows how much the colors have faded over the years... and this is my latest project. The weft is Mop Cotton and they go rather quickly. 2 down, 6 to go. Just realized though that I don't have enough room on the beam, so I either have to make an unexpected cut, with some warp loss, or try to figure out a way to add an extension on the beam....

I am thinking that if I find a really long screw I can add an inch in height??? yeeks... it may be better to cut.

With each new project comes a new problem, learning as i go.

No comments: