Monday, March 02, 2009

Recession Rag


Last weekend I asked my husband to clear out his dresser. Much to my surprise he really did clean out his old stuff right then!!! I was faced with a pile of old t-shirts and there was my dilemma. Now I had to actually get them out of the house... or not. hmmmm. I have a very hard time throwing anything away. And I noted that my rag bag was pretty full.

The artist in me noted the nice selection of muted gray colors and thought they might work as a rug for the newly tiled gray floor in the bathroom. I sprang into action, pulled out a sharp pair of scissors and started cutting a spiral of "yarn" out of four of the shirts, winged it with the increases on the corners and VOILA... a week later I have re-purposed 4 t-shirts into a great and funky new rug for the bathroom. ;-)

Ok... so I still have a pile of shirts, mostly mouse-gray. I'm thinking I'll work up another and throw it in some dye.... to be continued.

No comments: